Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Peter Burdine <pb...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/14 18:43:34 UTC

Is it possible to disable the Local clipboard integration

Thank you for the new release!

Our users are getting prompted to enable clipboard integration each time
they login.  We are disabling RDP clipboard on the server side anyway.  Is
it possible to disable this on the client side?

Thank.

Re: Is it possible to disable the Local clipboard integration

Posted by drhoule <dr...@hubcc.ca>.
Thank you very much!

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Is it possible to disable the Local clipboard integration

Posted by vnick <vn...@apache.org>.
drhoule wrote
> I am new to Apache Guacamole.
> I would also like to see an Administrative function to disable Clipboard
> data from being cut/pasted.
>
> What is the official route or method to do a request of this type?
>
> I would like to provide a  Kiosk mode for information viewing only using
> guacamole.
> It would be very important to secure the information as viewing only.
>
> This would be the same as the Disable file transfer capabilities in use
> today.
> --
> Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

You can visit the Guacamole JIRA page and create a new JIRA Issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GUACAMOLE

-Nick

Posted by Peter Burdine <pb...@gmail.com>.
I did find the following in clientController.js and commented them out with
no luck:

35     // var clipboardService      = $injector.get('clipboardService');

637             // Sync with local clipboard
638             // clipboardService.getLocalClipboard().then(function
clipboardRead(data) {
639             //     $scope.$broadcast('guacClipboard', data);
640             // });

in indexController.js
29     // var clipboardService = $injector.get('clipboardService');

Doing some grepping I only found in in
./clipboard/services/clipboardService.js, but I couldn't figure out what to
do with that one.

I did verify the files were updated.  Still no luck.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

Posted by Peter Burdine <pb...@gmail.com>.
I loaded up a new VM that hadn't seen the site before and still got
prompted.  I'm not quite sure how much cleaner I can make the cache.

From indexController.js:
    /**
     * Checks whether the clipboard data has changed, firing a new
     * "guacClipboard" event if it has.
     */
    /** var checkClipboard = function checkClipboard() {
        clipboardService.getLocalClipboard().then(function
clipboardRead(data) {
            $scope.$broadcast('guacClipboard', data);
        });
    };

    // Attempt to read the clipboard if it may have changed
    $window.addEventListener('load',  checkClipboard, true);
    $window.addEventListener('copy',  checkClipboard, true);
    $window.addEventListener('cut',   checkClipboard, true);
    $window.addEventListener('focus', function focusGained(e) {

        // Only recheck clipboard if it's the window itself that gained
focus
        if (e.target === $window)
            checkClipboard();

    }, true); */

From clientController.js
    // Watch clipboard for new data, associating it with any pressed keys
    $scope.$watch('client.clipboardData', function clipboardChanged(data) {

        // Sync local clipboard as long as the menu is not open
        //if (!$scope.menu.shown)
        //    clipboardService.setLocalClipboard(data);

        // Associate new clipboard data with any currently-pressed key
        for (var keysym in keysCurrentlyPressed)
            clipboardDataFromKey[keysym] = data;

    });

and

    $scope.$on('guacKeyup', function keyupListener(event, keysym, keyboard)
{

        // Sync local clipboard with any clipboard data received while this
        // key was pressed (if any) as long as the menu is not open
        //var clipboardData = clipboardDataFromKey[keysym];
        //if (clipboardData && !$scope.menu.shown)
            //clipboardService.setLocalClipboard(clipboardData);

        // Mark key as released
        delete clipboardDataFromKey[keysym];
        delete keysCurrentlyPressed[keysym];

    });

As best I can tell that matches the provided links.

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 7:06 PM, Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>
wrote:

> Ruthlessly clear browser cache.
>

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 7:05 PM, Peter Burdine <pb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I rebuild the .war after making those modification and we still get a
>> prompt as soon as the users open the login page they are still getting that
>> prompt.
>>
>> Do you have any other suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Peter
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 10:03 PM, Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You would need to edit the source of Guacamole and remove the various
>>> calls to "clipboardService", which is the service that attempts to
>>> read/write the local clipboard:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-client/blob/0.
>>> 9.10-incubating/guacamole/src/main/webapp/app/index/controll
>>> ers/indexController.js#L128-L148
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-client/blob/0.
>>> 9.10-incubating/guacamole/src/main/webapp/app/client/control

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

Posted by Peter Burdine <pb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-client/blob/0.9.10-incubating/guacamole/src/main/webapp/app/client/controllers/clientController.js#L409-L411