Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by je...@Keane.com on 2004/01/19 15:16:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Only the first vhost defined comes up

I'm running RH8 on i386 with Apache 2.0.48/PHP4.3.4. I've tried mutiple
ways of configuring my virutual hosts, both Name based and IP
based/changing port numbers/adding-subtracting # of virtuals and the
reccuring theme is that only the first one will start and respond to a
webbrowser when i run ./httpd -k restart or (stop then start).  If i change
the order, then the host defined first will start, but the other two will
not.  This server does not Listen at all on Port 80.  Nothing is logged in
any defined log file and starting with -e debug, gives no further hints.

I've set up about 30 Apaches in the past and NEVER had a problem with
virtuals.  The same thing was happing to me on 1.3.29

If i run /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -S.  Apache reports all the virtuals
as defined in httpd.conf
66.31.37.63:8080       theimages.org
(/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:1056)
66.31.37.63:8085       sk.theimages.org
(/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:1063)
66.31.37.63:8090       jd.theimages.org
(/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:1071)

Listen 8080
Listen 8085
Listen 8090

Here is the vhost definitions that go along with this.

<VirtualHost 66.31.37.63:8080>
    ServerAdmin user@mailbox.domain
    DocumentRoot /www/dev/htdocs
    ServerName theimages.org
    ErrorLog /www/dev/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /www/dev/logs/access_log combined
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 66.31.37.63:8085>
    ServerAdmin user@mailbox.domain
    DocumentRoot /www/dev/sk/htdocs
    ServerName sk.theimages.org
    ErrorLog /www/dev/sk/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /www/dev/sk/logs/access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 66.31.37.63:8090>
    ServerAdmin user@mailbox.domain
    DocumentRoot /www/dev/jd/htdocs
    ServerName jd.theimages.org
    ErrorLog /www/dev/jd/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /www/dev/jd/logs/access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
JEff

Re: [users@httpd] email client

Posted by shane c branch <sc...@barton.edu>.
Cameron Schaus wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 09:14:57PM -0800, Byron Hale wrote:
>
>>Around 1/19/2004, I received an email from jeffrey_n_Dyke@Keane.com
>>via the Apache list on my server. However, it caused my Eudora client to
>>hang
>>and service could not be restored until the help desk went through my email
>>and
>>deleted the message.
>>
>>I see that it was not malicious, nor a large attachment, so I am at a loss
>>explain what happened. However, I hope it will not be repeated.
>

> It sounds like your mail client is broken.  Might I recommend mutt.
> It read the email in question just fine :)
>
> Cam

thunderbird from the mozilla project is another option. i love it.
www.mozilla.org/thunderbird

--
regards,

shane

Re: [users@httpd]

Posted by Cameron Schaus <ca...@schaus.ca>.

Re: [users@httpd]

Posted by Byron Hale <by...@einfo.com>.
Around 1/19/2004, I received an email from jeffrey_n_Dyke@Keane.com
via the Apache list on my server. However, it caused my Eudora client to hang
and service could not be restored until the help desk went through my email and
deleted the message.

I see that it was not malicious, nor a large attachment, so I am at a loss to
explain what happened. However, I hope it will not be repeated.

Best Regards,

Byron Hale

Re: [users@httpd] Only the first vhost defined comes up

Posted by Miroslav Šulc <mi...@startnet.cz>.

I think you should add this at the beginning of your virtuals:

NameVirtualHost 66.31.37.63:8080
NameVirtualHost 66.31.37.63:8085
NameVirtualHost 66.31.37.63:8090

- --