Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2006/08/03 09:10:13 UTC

Re: What changes would you make to stop spam? - United Nations Paper

>> jdow wrote:
>> > From: "Marc Perkel" <ma...@perkel.com>

>> > Marc, if the system has been zombified that means a password guessing
>> > routine is already present. It can track down the email program's
>> > settings and decrypt it, if needed. Or it can simply be intercepted.
>> >
>> > Requiring IMAP requires MUAs be rewritten to handle the special casing
>> > that would be required to have IMAP as the sending tool. Using smtpauth
>> > gives more flexibility in design for ISPs and users.
>> >
>> > {^_^}
>> >

>> So you think that viruses are going to know how to find and decrypt the
>> passwords of all email programs?
>>
>> Nice trick.

Hi,

I believe that a big majority of users uses just one program .... so if malware is able to
work with just that program, there will be still enough paths for spammers to send their
stuff.
It is similar to virus writers to rely on deficiencies in just one browser

Wolfgang Hamann