Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org> on 2015/12/25 14:00:00 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.5.0.final

Dear Sirs!

We have uploaded release candidate to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ignite/1.5.0.final-rc1/

This is very important release containing initial versions of Ignite.NET
and Ignite C++ and many other important features.

Tag name is
1.5.0.final-rc1

1.5.0 changes:
* Ignite.NET: Initial Release.
* Ignite C++: Initial Release.
* Massive performance improvements for cache operations and SQL.
* Added new binary cache object marshalling implementation.
* Added IgniteSemaphore data structure.
* Added MQTT Streamer.
* Added Twitter Streamer.
* Added Ignite Sink (integration with Apache Flume).
* Fixed optimistic serializable transactions: implemented "deadlock-free"
locking algorithm.
* Fixed failover for continuous queries.
* Fixed compilation and runtime errors under OpenJDK and IBM JDK.
* Fixed Integer.size limitation for cache.
* Fixed and improved cache types configuration.
* Fixed cache rebalancing.
* Many stability and fault-tolerance fixes.
* Added example to demonstrate the usage of EntryProcessor.

Complete list of closed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.5%20AND%20status%20%3D%20closed

DEVNOTES
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=DEVNOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/1.5.0.final-rc1

RELEASENOTES
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=RELEASE_NOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/1.5.0.final-rc1

Please start voting.

+1 - to accept Apache Ignite 1.5.0.final
0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept Apache Ignite 1.5.0.final (explain why)

This vote will go for 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.5.0.final

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
+ 1 (binding)

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Agree with Sergey - the source archive should be build independently, perhaps
as a part of the release target.

Fixing source manually won't work, because then the content of the release
tarball will be different from the release commit. These seem to be a
relatively point-fixes and should require the full release re-testing, IMO.

Thanks
  Cos

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Why not just properly fix all the points? I like Vladimir’s suggestion for
(3). Should we add/change build instructions in the DEVNOTES.txt?

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com>.
Hi