Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Jessica Tomechak <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/08 02:14:01 UTC

[DOCS] Setting the "Doc" component in bugs

I've noticed quite a few bugs against documentation are being filed without
the Component field being set to Doc. I rely pretty heavily on that field
so I can easily query for writing tasks. It's more reliable than querying
against text in the subject line, but only if it's being set consistently.

I'm wondering whether the lack of usage of the Doc component indicates that
people aren't aware of it. Or does it mean people just don't like having to
set it?

Jessica T.

Re: [DOCS] Setting the "Doc" component in bugs

Posted by Jessica Tomechak <je...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:12 PM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Jessica Tomechak
> <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've noticed quite a few bugs against documentation are being filed
> without
> > the Component field being set to Doc. I rely pretty heavily on that field
> > so I can easily query for writing tasks. It's more reliable than querying
> > against text in the subject line, but only if it's being set
> consistently.
> >
> > I'm wondering whether the lack of usage of the Doc component indicates
> that
> > people aren't aware of it. Or does it mean people just don't like having
> > set it?
> >
> > Jessica T.
>
> It's just one of plenty fields - and it's easy to miss. I'd attribute
> it to just forgetting/not seeing/etc.
> Folks triaging the bugs should rectify the issue I'd think.
>
> --David

OK, I didn't hear any outcry against the component, so I'll bet you are
right, David. I do fix these whenever I happen to notice them.

So, I guess, everyone, consider this a call to please set that component to
Doc whenever appropriate. It will surely help your bug catch the notice of
a writer, which is what you want!

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.