Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Jerry Gamble <Je...@automatize.com> on 2019/09/10 14:50:30 UTC

Message consumed by multiple consumers.

Question: We need to be able to consume a message in multiple consumers until the expiration of a particular message. We were thinking about trying to accomplish this by setting consumers in a shared subscription and either not sending acknowledgments or sending negative acknowledgments so the other consumers have a chance to receive the messages. The messages would have short time to live and automatic acknowledgement at the expiration of the TTL. We are comfortable with the performance implications of storing messages in this manner. Any thoughts on this? Is there another way to accomplish our objective of having the same message consumed by multiple consumers?

Re: Message consumed by multiple consumers.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Why not just multiple subscriptions? Each consumer is one subscription. It
ensures that all the consumers consume the same copy of data.

Thanks,
Sijie