Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Petri Tuomola <pe...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/29 05:08:03 UTC

PR1987 - Automatic inclusion of 3rd party licenses in the distribution package

Hi all

I noticed recently that some of the licenses that we have stored in our licenses/source and licenses/binary directories are out of date, and there are some licenses that were missing.

It’s quite hard work (and error prone) work to keep these licenses manually up-to-date. Hence what I thought would make more sense is to automatically fetch the licenses from all the dependent packages and include them in the distribution.

I’ve implemented this in PR #1987 and it seems to be working fine. But I’m happy to hear if there are any other views / approaches on how to make sure these are kept up-to-date. Alternatively would be great if someone could review and merge the PR...

Regards
Petri