Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Tejbir Singh <si...@india.hp.com> on 2003/11/17 14:28:34 UTC

Query

Hi
              I am parsing an XML file with Chinese characters but
haven't been really successfull in that. I have tried big5 and gd2312
but can't get through, can u help me on that.

my file looks like ( Sample)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Big5" ?>
<Invoice>«H¥Î¥d</Invoice>

O/P : "????"

Regards
Tejbir

Re: Parsing/Writing Chinese Characters

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Tejbir Singh wrote:
> *<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Big5" ?>*
> *<Invoice>«H¥Î¥d</Invoice>*

How are you producing the output? Are you using
an encoder that knows how to encode Chinese chars?
For that matter, are you allowing the parser to
pick the appropriate decoder or are you using a
Reader with the wrong encoding or no encoding?

Some sample code demonstrating how you are parsing
the document and also writing it would be helpful.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org