Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Schalück, Elmar" <E....@CEYONIQ.COM> on 2002/04/29 10:54:50 UTC

Can I submit XSLT properties to FOP?

Hi,
I like to use FOP to produce reports, based on a XSLT stylesheet.

So the call will look like
fop -xml myXML.xml -xsl myXSL.xsl -pdf myPDF.pdf

Now I need to parametrize the XSLT with the current date/time, with some
preselections, ....

My idea is to have some more parameters for the command line:
fop -xml myXML.xml -xsl myXSL.xsl -Param=UserName "Elmar Schalück"
-Param=UserLanguage de -pdf myPDF.pdf

The XSLT stylesheet starts like
<xsl:stylesheet
     xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0"
     xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
<xsl:param name="UserName"/>
<xsl:param name="UserLanguage">en</xsl:param>

Do you know of any means to fill in these parameters?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
With kind regards

Elmar Schalück

Elmar Schalück
Advisory Software Developer
CEYONIQ AG
Winterstr. 49
33649 Bielefeld
Germany
Fon: +49 (0)521 9318-2108
Fax: +49 (0)521 9318-882150
E-Mail: E.Schalueck@ceyoniq.com
http://www.ceyoniq.com
PGP-Fingerprint: BC78 7DEA 7A18 A6F2 A29D  F229 C68F 8C65 F7EE 898A

Re: Can I submit XSLT properties to FOP?

Posted by "Jens v. Pilgrim" <je...@jevopi.de>.
Hello Elmar,

Monday, April 29, 2002, 10:54:50 AM, "Schalück, Elmar" wrote:

SE> Now I need to parametrize the XSLT with the current date/time, with some
SE> preselections, ....

I'm not sure what FOP does if it's called using the -xsl and -xml
parameters, but I assume that Xalan is called. So I would simply call
Xalan first to generate a FO document. You can pass
some parameters (-PARAM) to Xalan, see Xalan documentation for details.

Best regards,
 Jens