Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dan Fabulich <da...@fabulich.com> on 2008/01/13 05:39:59 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] [Take 2] Release Maven Surefire version 2.4

Vote passed!

PMC +1: Jason Van Zyl, Vincent Siveton, Brian Fox

Non-binding +1: Dan Fabulich, Marat Radchenko, Dan Tran, Mauro Talevi,
Jerome Lacoste, Oliver Lamy

I'll update the repo (probably on Monday) and send out a notification that
I've done it.

This means that some people are going to start using the new Surefire, by
default, on Monday, whether they know it or not.

-Dan

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] [Take 2] Release Maven Surefire version 2.4

Posted by Dan Fabulich <da...@fabulich.com>.
Milos Kleint wrote:

> And some of them got hit by this one already:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-121
>
> I've commited the hotfix.

I was a bit concerned about implementing SUREFIRE-121, but I only posted
about it on surefire-dev.

This hotfix switches from using System.getProperties to using
MavenSession.getExecutionProperties.  MavenSession has no JavaDoc (or
documentation of any kind?) so it's hard for me to tell how this hotfix
works.  What sort of properties get into executionProperties?  What
properties don't get into executionProperties?

> When is 2.4.1 scheduled?

We have schedules?  ;-)

> Since there was no significant work done in trunk in 2.5-SNAPSHOT, a new
> release should be relatively safe to do.

It would be nice to address SUREFIRE-433 in a 2.4.1 release.  I'll try to
take a crack at it today.

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 13, 2008 5:39 AM, Dan Fabulich <da...@fabulich.com> wrote:
> Vote passed!
>
> PMC +1: Jason Van Zyl, Vincent Siveton, Brian Fox
>
> Non-binding +1: Dan Fabulich, Marat Radchenko, Dan Tran, Mauro Talevi,
> Jerome Lacoste, Oliver Lamy
>
> I'll update the repo (probably on Monday) and send out a notification that
> I've done it.
>
> This means that some people are going to start using the new Surefire, by
> default, on Monday, whether they know it or not.

And some of them got hit by this one already:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-121

I've commited the hotfix. When is 2.4.1 scheduled?  Since there was no
significant work done in trunk in 2.5-SNAPSHOT, a new release should
be relatively safe to do.

Milos