Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Dmitry Minkovsky <dm...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/19 17:19:24 UTC

Warning when adding GlobalKTable to toplogy

When I add a GlobalKTable for topic
"message-write-service-user-ids-by-email" to my topology, I get this
warning:

[2019-01-19 12:18:14,008] WARN
(org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.internals.ConsumerCoordinator:421)
[Consumer
clientId=message-write-service-55f2ca4d-0efc-4344-90d3-955f9f5a65fd-StreamThread-2-consumer,
groupId=message-write-service] The following subscribed topics are not
assigned to any members: [message-write-service-user-ids-by-email]

Everything seems to be working, but I am concerned about the warning. Am
I missing something?

Best,
Dmitry

Re: Warning when adding GlobalKTable to toplogy

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
I don't thinks you need to worry about it.

However, it sound like a bug. The main consumer should not subscribe to
those topics. Could you open a JIRA for this, as "minor bug".

-Matthias

Posted by Patrik Kleindl <pk...@gmail.com>.
Hi