Posted to oro-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Bob Dickinson (BSL)" <bo...@brutesquadlabs.com> on 2002/11/15 03:09:56 UTC

ORO PatternMatcherInput performance

After reading a message that talked about the potential inefficiences in the
PatternMatcherInput or matching using String input with recent JVM's, I
decided to modify our test case to use a char[] instead of a
PatternMatcherInput wrapped around a String.  The test is 583 expressions
executed 1000 times each on a 3k input.  I modified the code to convert the
string to a char[] outside of the iteration, so the toCharArray now happens
583 times instead of 582,417 times.  This was using JDK 1.4 and whatever JVM
JBuilder decided to use.

Anyway, this change made no appreciable difference.  Just a datapoint.