Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by kazanture <en...@yahoo.com> on 2014/06/11 16:20:59 UTC

Servicemix offline package installation

Hello,
we are evaluating different ESB solution for our project.
The problem is our development enviroment is offline because of
classification issues. I have installed servicemix, but to install
additional features, karaf tries to connect online maven repositories. I
have searched for the full features repository for servicemix but I could
not find for the latest version(I have found for one of the previous
versions).
I guess I should be able to download the repository and manually place it to
a local maven repository and redirect karaf to the local repository somehow.
Any idea where i can find the repository and how i can do this?

Re: Servicemix offline package installation

Posted by John Dubchak <jo...@johndubchak.com>.
Thanks, Freeman.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by John Dubchak <jo...@johndubchak.com>.
JB,

Posted by kazanture <en...@yahoo.com>.
This information solved my problem thank you. I added a local repository
location to etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg. And copied what i needed to my
local repository with correct folder structure so it works.
mvnrepository.com helps.
I have tried some basics about servicemix, activemq and camel samples.
Now I will try to create my own bundle and deploy it to karaf to see how
easy/hard to find solutions for possible customization needs. For example if
we need a bundle to split messages, routings any data flow based on their
classification level(probably there are already implemented solutions about
content based routing). Or if we need to write a web gui to manage
statistics etc(if there are not any).

Thanks again,
Emre

Re: Servicemix offline package installation

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

ServiceMix (Karaf) first looks for the artifacts in the system folder.
If the artifact is not present in the system folder, then ServiceMix
tries to download from the repositories defined in
etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg.

The system folder is a "local Maven repository" using the Maven
directories structure:

groupId/artifactId/version/artifactId-version[-classifier].type

It means that you can simply populate the system folder according to
this directories structure.

You can do it:
- by hand
- using Maven deploy plugin (mvn deploy:deploy-file with the system
folder URL)
- using Maven Karaf feature plugin (the features-maven-plugin provides a
add-features-to-repo goal that automatically populate a directory like
the system folder)

Regards
JB

On 06/11/2014 04:20 PM, kazanture wrote:
> Hello,
> we are evaluating different ESB solution for our project.
> The problem is our development enviroment is offline because of
> classification issues. I have installed servicemix, but to install
> additional features, karaf tries to connect online maven repositories. I
> have searched for the full features repository for servicemix but I could
> not find for the latest version(I have found for one of the previous
> versions).
> I guess I should be able to download the repository and manually place it to
> a local maven repository and redirect karaf to the local repository somehow.
> Any idea where i can find the repository and how i can do this?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com