Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vanessa Vitor <va...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/14 17:14:49 UTC

Help with prices!

Hello,

I need some help with prices! I'm *struggling with them..*

When working with virtual/variant products, where is the prices
supposed to be stored, in the virtual product or in the variant?

Assume that the prices are the same, but the SKU of the variants are
different, like "shirts" (virtual) with different colors and sizes
(variants).
How should I work this?

*Vanessa Vitor*

Re: Help with prices!

Posted by de...@tcs.com.
Hello,

I reckon you are trying to achieve the below scenario.  Below is steps.

Product                 Price                   Features Associations
Virtual (Shirt)         Optional $9.99          Color Virtual-variant
Variant1(White)         Mandatory $7.99 Color-White     Virtual-variant
Variant2(Black)         Mandatory $8.99 Color-Black     Virtual-variant

Please note :
1.Price above to be linked with  corresponding product .
2.While creating the virtual, I had  chosen "Variant tree"

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Debabrata Panda
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: deb.panda@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing

From:
Vanessa Vitor <va...@gmail.com>
To:
user@ofbiz.apache.org
Date:
02/14/2012 09:46 PM
Subject:
Help with prices!

Hello,

I need some help with prices! I'm *struggling with them..*

When working with virtual/variant products, where is the prices
supposed to be stored, in the virtual product or in the variant?

Assume that the prices are the same, but the SKU of the variants are
different, like "shirts" (virtual) with different colors and sizes
(variants).
How should I work this?

*Vanessa Vitor*

and any attachments. Thank you