Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by dong wang <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/18 04:56:09 UTC

curious about the kylin github website

as we know, we have 2 urls to get Kylin
1, https://github.com/apache/incubator-kylin
2, https://github.com/KylinOLAP/Kylin

and as watched, it seems that staging of https://github.com/KylinOLAP/Kylin
can always keep the latest changes, thus if one wants to keep up with
kylin's developing process, we should get codes from staging of
https://github.com/KylinOLAP/Kylin instead of staging of
https://github.com/apache/incubator-kylin, is it right?

Re: curious about the kylin github website

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
New committer votes already there actually, soon these will not be the
issue. Please help to vote.

As I mentioned, that "staging" repo just for temporary purpose to keep it
as simple as possible to avoid additional efforts, but definitely will
switch to the main repo soon.

Thanks.

Luke

Best Regards!
---------------------

Luke Han

Posted by Ankur Bansal <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 on Git Pull Requests.

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@hydromatic.net>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Agree with PR against https://github.com/apache/incubator-kylin.

Leveraging https://github.com/KylinOLAP/Kylin is only a temporary
workaround. There are a few non-committer who is contributing heavily at
the moment. We tried PR against https://github.com/apache/incubator-kylin
at first and the result was me being the team bottleneck, doing fetching,
merging, pushing whole day long.

The situation will change soon once they are raised to committers.

Cheers
Yang

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Ok, will work on it ASAP.