Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Richard Hood <ri...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/24 00:45:57 UTC

Failed Download

*Tried to update to v4mirrors did not downloadnot certain if I need windows
exe or OS 64 bit when running Windows 7 on 64bit - could you make it
clearer for non teckie usersTried direct download but that just takes me
back to original page.I do get some blasteroids game loading - is that your
web site problem or my PC infected?What am I doing wrong?Browser variables*
*Values*navigator.appCodeName Mozillanavigator.appName
Netscapenavigator.appVersion
5.0 (Windows)navigator.platform Win32navigator.oscpu Windows NT
6.1navigator.cpuClass
undefinednavigator.product Geckonavigator.productSub 20100101navigator.vendor

navigator.vendorSub
navigator.language en-USnavigator.browserLanguage
undefinednavigator.userLanguage
undefinednavigator.systemLanguage undefinednavigator.userAgent Mozilla/5.0
(Windows NT 6.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0Debian / Ubuntu /
IceWeasel ?No / No / No*Stable Release* *JavaScript functions/variables*
*Values*Language ISO code
Language ISO code (from select box)
Release matrix platform position (full)
Release matrix platform position (lp)
Release matrix platform array data
Release matrix language array data
UI platform name
UI platform name (not supported)
Platform (short)
URL platform name (full)
URL platform name (lp)
URL platform name (from select box)
Version (from select box)
File name (full)
File name (lp)
File extension
File size (full) (MByte)
File size (lp) (MByte)
Release info
Download file link (full)
Download file link (lp)
Checksum file link (full) (here for MD5)
Checksum file link (lp) (here for MD5)
Base URL to Sourceforge.net
Base URL to Apache Archive
getLinkSelection() (download URL)
isLanguageSupported() (true/false) ?
Show the sub-box (true/false) ?
General error (true/false) ?

Re: Failed Download

Posted by Richard Hood <ri...@gmail.com>.
Thanks . Will have a go at your suggestions.

Re: Failed Download

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 09/24/2014 12:45 AM, schrieb Richard Hood:
> *Tried to update to v4mirrors did not downloadnot certain if I need windows
> exe or OS 64 bit when running Windows 7 on 64bit - could you make it
> clearer for non teckie usersTried direct download but that just takes me
> back to original page.I do get some blasteroids game loading - is that your
> web site problem or my PC infected?What am I doing wrong?Browser variables*
> *Values*navigator.appCodeName Mozillanavigator.appName
>
> [...]

thanks for your report.

As you have a Windows system, please choose a download for Windows. You
will get an EXE	file for installation (resp. a MSI file). OS X is for
Apple's Mac computers. ;-)

For the problem with the download, maybe you get a mirror server
selected that does not fit for you.

To solve this you can try again with the general download link [1].
Maybe you get now a different mirror. Or if this still does not work
please choose yourself another one here [2].

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe/download

[2]
http://sourceforge.net/settings/mirror_choices?projectname=openofficeorg.mirror&filename=4.1.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe