Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Shaik M <mu...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/04 08:48:27 UTC

Ambari+HDP Upgrade: OUT_OF_SYNC is not allowed to transition directly into CURRENT

Hi,

I started upgrade for one of my environment from Amabri 1.7/ HDP 2.2 to
Ambari 2.1.2 & HDP 2.3.2.0-2950.

During the upgrade everything went well without any issues. During last
step *Finalize Upgrade - Save Cluster State *getting below error.

Stderr

=======

The cluster stack version state OUT_OF_SYNC is not allowed to
transition directly into CURRENT

I have verified upgrade status with Amabri API. All nodes are showing
upgraded state. Output of the url attached.

http://mst05.corp.com:8080/api/v1/clusters/PRODBDP/stack_versions/2

Please help to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Shaik

Re: Ambari+HDP Upgrade: OUT_OF_SYNC is not allowed to transition directly into CURRENT

Posted by Shaik M <mu...@gmail.com>.
I have updated with above query and restated the ambari-server.

ambari=> UPDATE host_version SET state = 'CURRENT' WHERE repo_version_id =
2;
UPDATE 5

ambari=> select * from host_version;
 id | repo_version_id |   state   | host_id
----+-----------------+-----------+---------
  1 |               1 | INSTALLED |      1
  2 |               1 | INSTALLED |      2
  3 |               1 | INSTALLED |      3
 4  |               1 | INSTALLED |      4
 5  |               1 | INSTALLED |      5
 6 |               2 | CURRENT   |      6
7 |               2 | CURRENT   |      7
 8 |               2 | CURRENT   |      8
 9 |               2 | CURRENT   |      9
 10 |               2 | CURRENT   |      10

After restating Ambari server I have verified in *Stack & Versions* page.

Stack tab: I can able to see the all services with x.x.x.2.3 version.

*Versions *tab: still i can able to see two versions.

Please check attached screenshot.

Regards,
Shaik M

On 5 November 2015 at 07:24, Alejandro Fernandez <afernandez@hortonworks.com

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com>.

?

SELECT repo_version_id, version, display_name FROM repo_version;

UPDATE host_version SET state = 'INSTALLED' WHERE state = 'CURRENT';

UPDATE host_version SET state = 'CURRENT' WHERE repo_version_id = <id for 2.3.2.0 version> and state = 'INSTALLED';

UPDATE cluster_version SET state = 'INSTALLED' WHERE state = 'CURRENT';

UPDATE cluster_version SET state = 'CURRENT' WHERE repo_version_id = <id for 2.3.2.0 version> and state = 'INSTALLED';