Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/21 16:16:11 UTC

Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Hi,
  I am seeing the following call to start() on AMRMClientAsync taking from
0.9 to 1 second. Why does it take that long? Is there a way to reduce it, I
mean does it depend on any of the interval parameters or so in
configuration files? I have tried reducing the value of the first argument
below from 1000 to 100 seconds also, but that doesn't help.

    AMRMClientAsync.CallbackHandler allocListener = new RMCallbackHandler();
    amRMClient = AMRMClientAsync.createAMRMClientAsync(1000, allocListener);
    amRMClient.init(conf);
    amRMClient.start();

Thanks,
Kishore

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

  Can you please see if you can answer my question above? I would like to
reduce the time taken by the above calls made by my Application Master, the
way you do.

Thanks,
Kishore

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Krishna,

--
Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Vinod,

  Do you expect managed AMs also not take as much time as a second? Or as
Alejandro was saying, only unmanaged AMs?

  I think I am using managed AMs. If managed AMs also are not expected to
take that much time, I shall raise a ticket.

Thanks,
Kishore

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Alejandro,

  I am attaching my code for ApplicationMaster and Client for both the
versions of managed and unmanaged AMs here, which are basically copies of
the code that come with Distributed Shell example and modified to be able
to launch multiple AMs from a single Client.

  You can see the calls to printCurrentTimeStamp() that measures time taken
for connecting to the client from AM and also the time taken for starting
up of AM after the Client/UnmangedLauncher submits the application, i.e.
calls submitApplication().

    Here are the times measured using this code. Can you please check what
am I doing different from your code, and suggest what should I change to
reduce these times.

  Time taken for Managed AM Unmanaged AM  AM startup after submission 1.2sec
2.2sec  connecting to RM from AM 0.75sec 0.85sec

  Thanks,
Kishore

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Alejandro,

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Krishna,

--
Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Krishna,

--
Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Krishna,

--
Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Krishna,

--
Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Krishna,

--
Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Krishna,

--
Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Krishna,

--
Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Krishna,

--
Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Kishore,

Also, please specify if you are using managed or unmanaged AMs (the numbers
I've mentioned before are using unmanaged AMs).

thx

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> It is just creating a connection to RM and shouldn't take that long. Can
> you please file a ticket so that we can look at it?
>
> JVM class loading overhead is one possibility but 1 sec is a bit too much.
>
>  Thanks,
> +Vinod
>
> On Oct 21, 2013, at 7:16 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri wrote:
>
> Hi,
>   I am seeing the following call to start() on AMRMClientAsync taking from
> 0.9 to 1 second. Why does it take that long? Is there a way to reduce it, I
> mean does it depend on any of the interval parameters or so in
> configuration files? I have tried reducing the value of the first argument
> below from 1000 to 100 seconds also, but that doesn't help.
>
>     AMRMClientAsync.CallbackHandler allocListener = new
> RMCallbackHandler();
>     amRMClient = AMRMClientAsync.createAMRMClientAsync(1000,
> allocListener);
>     amRMClient.init(conf);
>     amRMClient.start();
>

> Thanks,
> Kishore
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Vinod,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Vinod,

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Vinod,

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Kishore,

Also, please specify if you are using managed or unmanaged AMs (the numbers
I've mentioned before are using unmanaged AMs).

thx

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> It is just creating a connection to RM and shouldn't take that long. Can
> you please file a ticket so that we can look at it?
>
> JVM class loading overhead is one possibility but 1 sec is a bit too much.
>
>  Thanks,
> +Vinod
>
> On Oct 21, 2013, at 7:16 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri wrote:
>
> Hi,
>   I am seeing the following call to start() on AMRMClientAsync taking from
> 0.9 to 1 second. Why does it take that long? Is there a way to reduce it, I
> mean does it depend on any of the interval parameters or so in
> configuration files? I have tried reducing the value of the first argument
> below from 1000 to 100 seconds also, but that doesn't help.
>
>     AMRMClientAsync.CallbackHandler allocListener = new
> RMCallbackHandler();
>     amRMClient = AMRMClientAsync.createAMRMClientAsync(1000,
> allocListener);
>     amRMClient.init(conf);
>     amRMClient.start();
>

> Thanks,
> Kishore
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Kishore,

Also, please specify if you are using managed or unmanaged AMs (the numbers
I've mentioned before are using unmanaged AMs).

thx

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> It is just creating a connection to RM and shouldn't take that long. Can
> you please file a ticket so that we can look at it?
>
> JVM class loading overhead is one possibility but 1 sec is a bit too much.
>
>  Thanks,
> +Vinod
>
> On Oct 21, 2013, at 7:16 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri wrote:
>
> Hi,
>   I am seeing the following call to start() on AMRMClientAsync taking from
> 0.9 to 1 second. Why does it take that long? Is there a way to reduce it, I
> mean does it depend on any of the interval parameters or so in
> configuration files? I have tried reducing the value of the first argument
> below from 1000 to 100 seconds also, but that doesn't help.
>
>     AMRMClientAsync.CallbackHandler allocListener = new
> RMCallbackHandler();
>     amRMClient = AMRMClientAsync.createAMRMClientAsync(1000,
> allocListener);
>     amRMClient.init(conf);
>     amRMClient.start();
>

> Thanks,
> Kishore
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Kishore,

Also, please specify if you are using managed or unmanaged AMs (the numbers
I've mentioned before are using unmanaged AMs).

thx

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> It is just creating a connection to RM and shouldn't take that long. Can
> you please file a ticket so that we can look at it?
>
> JVM class loading overhead is one possibility but 1 sec is a bit too much.
>
>  Thanks,
> +Vinod
>
> On Oct 21, 2013, at 7:16 AM, Krishna Kishore Bonagiri wrote:
>
> Hi,
>   I am seeing the following call to start() on AMRMClientAsync taking from
> 0.9 to 1 second. Why does it take that long? Is there a way to reduce it, I
> mean does it depend on any of the interval parameters or so in
> configuration files? I have tried reducing the value of the first argument
> below from 1000 to 100 seconds also, but that doesn't help.
>
>     AMRMClientAsync.CallbackHandler allocListener = new
> RMCallbackHandler();
>     amRMClient = AMRMClientAsync.createAMRMClientAsync(1000,
> allocListener);
>     amRMClient.init(conf);
>     amRMClient.start();
>

> Thanks,
> Kishore
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Krishna,

--
Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Krishna,

--
Alejandro

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Time taken for starting AMRMClientAsync

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Krishna,

--
Alejandro