Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Scott Carter <ca...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/17 17:21:44 UTC

Updating pom versions without using release plugin

Is there a easy way to update pom versions without using the release plugin?
 We have several multi projects (parent pom and several children poms).  We
keep the version of the parent pom the same as the versions in the children
poms.  The release plugin will take care or recursively updating the
versions, but also does several other things we do not want.  Is there a way
to recursively update versions without using the release plugin?
Thanks in advance

Re: Updating pom versions without using release plugin

Posted by Scott Carter <ca...@gmail.com>.
Well I want the updated versions, i.e. dropping snapshot to be on the trunk
with no other side effects.  The release plugin usually puts those versions
into a tag and then ups the version number on the trunk.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

AW: AW: Updating pom versions without using release plugin

Posted by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch>.
Hello!
thanks for your hint. There other workarounds as well :
http://www.nabble.com/Change-artifact-version-for-whole-multiproject-td19489171.html#a19491973

however, if it is a common need, why we don't just implement it? Specially, if the fonctionality is already there?
It's my point of view. I might be a perfectionist, though, I'm working on a number of projects and a neat process would save a lot of my time and confusion for others.
Kuno

Posted by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch>.
Hello,

I've got the wish. It possible add the funtionality to the plugin, since it's already there. See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-380