Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by ry...@kodak.com on 2002/08/05 22:40:33 UTC

Jboss/Log4j Question - standard out

From: Ryan D. Cuprak

 Hello,
  Just curious as to how I can get the console appender to send to the
"console" when using jboss on windows. I launch jboss from the commandline
(cmd.exe) and prior to moving to jboss used system.out/err.println for
informational purposes which got dumped to the "cmd.exe" window which I
assumed was standard out. Now, when I use the consoleappender with jboss,
the output goes to server.log. Note, I cannot use the log4 integration in
jboss as I want my enterprise app to be container independent.

 Any help would be appreciated - I am in the process of learning log4j (I
have finally seen the light).

-Ryan Cuprak