Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by radai <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/03 19:14:06 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-72 - Allow putting a bound on memory consumed by Incoming requests

I've just re-validated the functionality works - broker throttles under
stress instead of OOMs.

at this point my branch (
https://github.com/radai-rosenblatt/kafka/tree/broker-memory-pool-with-muting)
is "code complete" and somewhat tested and im waiting on the voting process
to come to a conclusion before moving forward.

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.
+1 on the KIP.
I'll comment more on the formal PR. Also, can you also link a jira for this
from the KIP?

Thanks,

Joel