Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gian Maria Ricci <al...@nablasoft.com> on 2013/04/11 17:55:14 UTC

Getting page number of result with tika

As far as I know SOLR-380 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-380>
deal with the problem of kowing page number with tika indexing. The issue
contains a patch but it is really old, and I'm curious how is the status of
this issue (since I see Fix Version/s 4.3, so it seems that it will be
implemented in the next version).

Anyone has a good workaround/patch/solution to search into tika indexed
documents and having the list of pages where match was found?

Thanks in advance.

Gian Maria.

RE: Getting page number of result with tika

Posted by Gian Maria Ricci <al...@nablasoft.com>.
Thanks a lot, I'm curious if anyone has this kind of need and tried that old
patch to Solr 4+ and got it working.

Gian Maria.

You can't assume that Fix Version/s 4.3 means anybody is actively working on
it, and the age of the patches suggests nobody is. The Fix Version/s gets
updated when releases are made, otherwise you'd have open JIRAs for, say,
Solr 1.4.1.

Near as I can tell, that JIRA is dead, don't look for it unless someone
picks it up again.

Best
Erick

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.