Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by mi...@post.ch on 2005/08/30 19:00:25 UTC

RE : RE : RE : Error while processing a PDF - OK

Dear Jeremias,

Thank you for your support. Everything works pretty fine from now on.

Still another question : Is it normal that GIF images aren't handled anymore? When I include "external-graphics... As gif image",I get the following error :

I installed SDK1.5.0_04, and jai-1_1_2_01-lib-windows-i586-jdk
---------------
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/media/jai/codec/FileCacheSeekableStream
	at org.apache.fop.image.ImageProvider.getImplementingClass(ImageFactory.java:589)
	at org.apache.fop.image.ImageMimeType.getFirstImplementingClass(ImageFactory.java:639)
	at org.apache.fop.image.ImageFactory.getImageClass(ImageFactory.java:302)
	at org.apache.fop.image.ImageFactory.loadImage(ImageFactory.java:249)
	at org.apache.fop.image.ImageLoader.loadImage(ImageLoader.java:54)
	at org.apache.fop.image.ContextImageCache.getImage(ImageFactory.java:432)
	at org.apache.fop.image.ImageFactory.getImage(ImageFactory.java:167)
	at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.ExternalGraphic.bind(ExternalGraphic.java:127)
	at org.apache.fop.fo.FObj.processNode(FObj.java:109)
	at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:270)
	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.startElement(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:1072)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerIdentityImpl.transform(TransformerIdentityImpl.java:484)
	at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo(InputHandler.java:141)
	at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.render(InputHandler.java:101)
	at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:165)
	at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:195)
--------------------

Posted by Manuel Mall <mm...@arcus.com.au>.
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 02:50 am, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> On 30.08.2005 19:00:25 michella wrote:
> > Thank you for your support. Everything works pretty fine from now
> > on.
>
> Thanks for being brave enough to try out our new code and for telling
> us of any problems you find.
>
> > Still another question : Is it normal that GIF images aren't
> > handled anymore?
>
> The image handling has been improved considerably in the new code, at
> least in my opinion. GIF images are now supported through four
> different image sources (handled in this order):
> - JAI
> - ImageIO (only >= JDK 1.4)
> - JIMI
> - the ugly, not really working URL hack to load a GIF image. :-)
>
> > When I include "external-graphics... As gif image",I get the >
> > following error :
> >
> > I installed SDK1.5.0_04, and jai-1_1_2_01-lib-windows-i586-jdk
> > ---------------
> > com/sun/media/jai/codec/FileCacheSeekableStream at
> > java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> > 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
> > 	at
> > org.apache.fop.image.ImageProvider.getImplementingClass(ImageFactor
> >y.java:589) at
> > org.apache.fop.image.ImageMimeType.getFirstImplementingClass(ImageF
> >actory.java:639)
>
> Sounds a lot like a class path problem. Are you sure you've added
> both jai_core.jar and jai_codec.jar to the classpath? Since you're
> working with a JDK >= 1.4 you could also remove JAI now with FOP
> Trunk and instead just use ImageIO which is provided by the JDK. GIF
> support is already in there. No additional libraries required.

It is also a bug in our image provider detection mechanism. It shouldn't
throw an exception but simply try the next available provider.

I'll post a patch.

> Jeremias Maerki

Manuel

Re: Error loading GIF image using JAI in FOP Trunk (was: Error while processing a PDF - OK)

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.