Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dirk Lutzebaeck <lu...@aeccom.com> on 2000/07/13 21:26:04 UTC

unbuffered proxying [was: can't get unbuffered output to work]

Folks, thanks for all your immediate help. I think the problem is
clear now: I'm using a typical proxy setup with
lightweight SSL-frontends and heavyweight mod_perl-backends. What I
would like is an unbuffered output from the backends across the
frontends but the proxy setup is _buffering_:

Internet <----> apache/mod_ssl frontends <-----> apache/mod_perl backends
                [Port 443]                       [Port 81]

I'm using mod_rewrite for proxying in the frontend:

RewriteRule ^/(.*)      http://my.internal.server:81/$1 [P]

What I need I guess is an unbuffered proxy setup in some situations,
ie. a flag to pass to mod_rewrite to push the buffer eg. until \n is
reached. I'm not into the nitty-gritty of all this stuff, maybe
someone has an idea or has already solved this.

Thanks again,

Dirk