Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by James Wang <ja...@webmethods.com> on 2003/10/22 08:35:08 UTC

Getting Torque Release

Hi, All,

I am new to Torque.  I am trying to get a copy of Torque.  On the download
size, there are two files, one is torque-3.1.zip and the other is
torque-gen-3.1.zip.  Which one should I use if I am using Torque to generate
Objects and Database tables?

Also, to run Torque, do I need to include Torque jar files into my class
path?  If so, since there are about 21 jar files under lib folder, which one
should I include?  Thanks.

james

Posted by Amit Rana <ra...@solis.jp>.
> I am new to Torque.  I am trying to get a copy of Torque.  On the
download
> size, there are two files, one is torque-3.1.zip and the other is
> torque-gen-3.1.zip.  Which one should I use if I am using Torque to
generate
> Objects and Database tables?
You need "gen" for GENerating objects and db tables. I asked this
question sometime back and was pointed to a good link which explains the
difference. Search the archive

> Also, to run Torque, do I need to include Torque jar files into my
class
> path?  If so, since there are about 21 jar files under lib folder,
which one
> should I include?  Thanks.
You will need files under lib of torque-3.1.zip - also called runtime.

HTH