Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dinesh <md...@karunya.edu.in> on 2011/01/24 11:08:41 UTC

please help >>Problem with dataImportHandler

this is the error that i'm getting.. no idea of what is it..

/apache-solr-1.4.1/example/exampledocs# java -jar post.jar sample.txt
SimplePostTool: version 1.2
SimplePostTool: WARNING: Make sure your XML documents are encoded in UTF-8,
other encodings are not currently supported
SimplePostTool: POSTing files to http://localhost:8983/solr/update..
SimplePostTool: POSTing file sample.txt
SimplePostTool: FATAL: Solr returned an error:
Severe_errors_in_solr_configuration__Check_your_log_files_for_more_detailed_information_on_what_may_be_wrong__If_you_want_solr_to_continue_after_configuration_errors_change____abortOnConfigurationErrorfalseabortOnConfigurationError__in_null___orgapachesolrhandlerdataimportDataImportHandlerException_Exception_occurred_while_initializing_context__at_orgapachesolrhandlerdataimportDataImporterloadDataConfigDataImporterjava190__at_orgapachesolrhandlerdataimportDataImporterinitDataImporterjava101__at_orgapachesolrhandlerdataimportDataImportHandlerinformDataImportHandlerjava113__at_orgapachesolrcoreSolrResourceLoaderinformSolrResourceLoaderjava508__at_orgapachesolrcoreSolrCoreinitSolrCorejava588__at_orgapachesolrcoreCoreContainer$InitializerinitializeCoreContainerjava137__at_orgapachesolrservletSolrDispatchFilterinitSolrDispatchFilterjava83__at_orgmortbayjettyservletFilterHolderdoStartFilterHolderjava99__at_orgmortbaycomponentAbstractLifeCyclestartAbstractLifeCyclejava40__at_orgmortbayjettyservletServletHandlerinitializeServletHandlerjava594__at_orgmortbayjettyservletContextstartContextContextjava139__at_orgmortbayjettywebappWebAppContextstartContextWebAppContextjava1218__at_orgmortbayjettyhandlerContextHandlerdoStartContextHandlerjava500__at_orgmortbayjettywebappWebAppContextdoStartWebAppContextjava448__at_orgmortbaycomponentAbstractLifeCyclestartAbstractLifeCyclejava40__at_orgmortbayjettyhandlerHandlerCollectiondoStartHandlerCollectionjava147__at_orgmortbayjettyhandlerContextHandlerCollectiondoStartContextHandlerCollectionjava161__at_orgmortbaycomponentAbstractLifeCyclestartAbstractLifeCyclejava40__at_orgmortbayjettyhandlerHandlerCollectiondoStartHandlerCollectionjava147__at_orgmortbaycomponentAbstractLifeCyclestartAbstractLifeCyclejava40__at_orgmortbayjettyhan
root@karunya-desktop:/home/karunya/apache-solr-1.4.1/example/exampledocs#

-----
DINESHKUMAR . M
I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very
curious.

Re: please help >>Problem with dataImportHandler

Posted by Ezequiel Calderara <ez...@gmail.com>.
I mean, when you run the DIH, what's the output of the Solr Log ? Probably
there is more info about whats happening...
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Dinesh <md...@karunya.edu.in>wrote:

> its a DHCP log.. i want ti index it
>
> -----
> DINESHKUMAR . M
> I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very
> curious.

______
Ezequiel.

Http://www.ironicnet.com

Re: please help >>Problem with dataImportHandler

Posted by Ezequiel Calderara <ez...@gmail.com>.
And what the logs says about it?

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:15 AM, Dinesh <md...@karunya.edu.in>wrote:

> actually its a log file i seperately created an handler for that... its not
> XML
>
> -----
> DINESHKUMAR . M
> I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very
> curious.

______
Ezequiel.

Http://www.ironicnet.com

Re: please help >>Problem with dataImportHandler

Posted by Ezequiel Calderara <ez...@gmail.com>.
This may be a dumb question, but Is the xml encoded in UTF-8?

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:08 AM, Dinesh <md...@karunya.edu.in>wrote:

> this is the error that i'm getting.. no idea of what is it..
>

> /apache-solr-1.4.1/example/exampledocs# java -jar post.jar sample.txt
> SimplePostTool: version 1.2
> SimplePostTool: WARNING: Make sure your XML documents are encoded in UTF-8,
> other encodings are not currently supported
> SimplePostTool: POSTing files to http://localhost:8983/solr/update..
> SimplePostTool: POSTing file sample.txt
> SimplePostTool: FATAL: Solr returned an error:
>
> Severe_errors_in_solr_configuration__Check_your_log_files_for_more_detailed_information_on_what_may_be_wrong__If_you_want_solr_to_continue_after_configuration_errors_change____abortOnConfigurationErrorfalseabortOnConfigurationError__in_null___orgapachesolrhandlerdataimportDataImportHandlerException_Exception_occurred_while_initializing_context__at_orgapachesolrhandlerdataimportDataImporterloadDataConfigDataImporterjava190__at_orgapachesolrhandlerdataimportDataImporterinitDataImporterjava101__at_orgapachesolrhandlerdataimportDataImportHandlerinformDataImportHandlerjava113__at_orgapachesolrcoreSolrResourceLoaderinformSolrResourceLoaderjava508__at_orgapachesolrcoreSolrCoreinitSolrCorejava588__at_orgapachesolrcoreCoreContainer$InitializerinitializeCoreContainerjava137__at_orgapachesolrservletSolrDispatchFilterinitSolrDispatchFilterjava83__at_orgmortbayjettyservletFilterHolderdoStartFilterHolderjava99__at_orgmortbaycomponentAbstractLifeCyclestartAbstractLifeCyclejava40__at_orgmortbayjettyservletServletHandlerinitializeServletHandlerjava594__at_orgmortbayjettyservletContextstartContextContextjava139__at_orgmortbayjettywebappWebAppContextstartContextWebAppContextjava1218__at_orgmortbayjettyhandlerContextHandlerdoStartContextHandlerjava500__at_orgmortbayjettywebappWebAppContextdoStartWebAppContextjava448__at_orgmortbaycomponentAbstractLifeCyclestartAbstractLifeCyclejava40__at_orgmortbayjettyhandlerHandlerCollectiondoStartHandlerCollectionjava147__at_orgmortbayjettyhandlerContextHandlerCollectiondoStartContextHandlerCollectionjava161__at_orgmortbaycomponentAbstractLifeCyclestartAbstractLifeCyclejava40__at_orgmortbayjettyhandlerHandlerCollectiondoStartHandlerCollectionjava147__at_orgmortbaycomponentAbstractLifeCyclestartAbstractLifeCyclejava40__at_orgmortbayjettyhan
> root@karunya-desktop:/home/karunya/apache-solr-1.4.1/example/exampledocs#
>

> -----
> DINESHKUMAR . M
> I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very
> curious.

______
Ezequiel.

Http://www.ironicnet.com

Re: please help >>Problem with dataImportHandler

Posted by Ezequiel Calderara <ez...@gmail.com>.
And the answer there didn't help?
Why do not copy the logs of this new error too?

Every time you encounter an error, take time to send the log output, and if
its needed the schema.xml or the solrconfig.xml

Thanks

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 6:44 AM, Dinesh <md...@karunya.edu.in>wrote:

> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Getting-started-with-writing-parser-tp2278092p2327738.html
>
> this thread explains my problem
>
> -----
> DINESHKUMAR . M
> I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very
> curious.

______
Ezequiel.

Http://www.ironicnet.com

Re: please help >>Problem with dataImportHandler

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Dinesh <md...@karunya.edu.in>wrote:

> ya after correcting it also it is throwing an exception

crystal <http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/crystal.html>
ball<http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/ball.html>s
are currently on Holiday .. so what do you expect? If you need help, then
try to provide some useful informations .. and not .. nothing.

Re: please help >>Problem with dataImportHandler

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "field" must be
followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

Sounds like invalid XML in your .. dataimport-config?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: this is the error that i'm getting.. no idea of what is it..

Did you follow the instructions in the error message and look at your solr
log file to see what the "severe errors in solr configuration" might be?

: SimplePostTool: FATAL: Solr returned an error:
: Severe_errors_in_solr_configuration__Check_your_log_files_for_more_detailed_information_on_what_may_be_wrong

-Hoss