Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Bernd <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> on 2013/10/22 18:18:10 UTC

JAVA_HOME in release plugin

Hello,

there are some bugs[1] in regard to Jenkins/Maven-Release-Plugin where the
forked maven instance picks up the wrong Java version (and therefore
creates problems with compiler settings-bootclasspath and similiar).

There are some Jenkins discussions around that, but I think the actual
problem is, that the release plugin actually added a attribute to the mojo
for javaHome but never uses it.

Find attached a proof of concept patch (untested and missing null checks)
with the code I think is missing.

BTW: there is another thing, calling the maven start script might introduce
all kinds of unwanted configurations, especially starting
mavenrc_prebuild.bat/sh. So I would actually also add the MAVE_SKIP_RC=true
environemnt variable, I am just not sure if unconditional or not.

It seems there is no Jira for this, but I might be wrong?

Greetings
Bernd

1 https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-6763

Re: JAVA_HOME in release plugin

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.
Hi Bernd,

Bernd wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am not sure where to get the codehaus.org JIRA account. Do I have to
> contact somebody at Apache or Codehaus?

xircles.codehaus.org (you need a full account, an account to manage the
mailing lists only is not enough for JIRA).

- Jörg

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/HAUS-2323

Re: JAVA_HOME in release plugin

Posted by Bernd <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

I am not sure where to get the codehaus.org JIRA account. Do I have to
contact somebody at Apache or Codehaus?

Anyway, meanwhile the (proposed) changed are here:

https://github.com/ecki/maven-release/compare/apache:trunk...topic-javahome

Greetings
Bernd

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

my Issue is that the maven Release plugin fails to set-up a reproduceable environment and that it confusingly even has unused mojo attributes (which are documented to solve the problem but are nowhere honored).

I was mentioning the CI Environment only to make clear that it is a known problem.

The minimum what should be done here is to actually fix the documentation, but I don't see a reason why not implement it the way it is documented.

Greetings
Bernd

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net>.
Hi Berndt,