Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Sudhir Patil <pa...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/30 10:21:39 UTC

Ignite.net caching technique / recommendations

Hi All,

Use case is to store a cache item each on specific machine within cluster.

What are recommendations for this?
Is it beneficial / performant one?
Is it getting away from distributed caching fundamentals & it benefits? If
yes, what are reasons behind it ???

Regards,
SP

Re: Ignite.net caching technique / recommendations

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Why not have different caches for these? You can control which nodes hold
data for a given cache by mean of node filters.

It is not recommended to distribute data on this basis, since load will
still be uneven between nodes (much more posts than users, for example).

It is recommended to partition data on ID or some other evenly-distributed
value.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Sudhir Patil <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hello,