Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Oliver Ringel <Ol...@gids.de> on 2002/09/16 14:20:10 UTC

Turbine 3 and TemplateSecureSessionValidator

Hi,

I want to use the TemplateSecureSessionValidator in my application. But
I think the TemplateSecureSessionValidator is not working together with
session/persistent scope pull tools. Because the
TemplateSecureSessionValidator does not put an anonymous user in the
session context the TurbinePullService will never initialize the
session/persistent scope tools.

Now can anybody can help me solve this problem, or do I have a wrong
understanding what happens during the login process.

Oliver

Re: Turbine 3 and TemplateSecureSessionValidator

Posted by Rodney Schneider <ro...@actf.com.au>.
On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:20, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use the TemplateSecureSessionValidator in my application. But
> I think the TemplateSecureSessionValidator is not working together with
> session/persistent scope pull tools. Because the
> TemplateSecureSessionValidator does not put an anonymous user in the
> session context the TurbinePullService will never initialize the
> session/persistent scope tools.

DISCLAIMER:  I have never used Turbine 3.

I think TemplateSecureSessionValidator is only meant to be used for web
applications that require a user to login in order to be used.  If you want
anonymous users to be able to use your web application, you will need to use
TemplateSessionValidator or write your own custom SessionValidator action.
If you write your own, you just need to remember to configure it in
TurbineResources.properties.

Regards,

-- Rodney