Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Naizheng Bian <nb...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/23 00:41:28 UTC

License issue of CDDL

Hi,

We try to extend SIP in Tuscany. We plan to use SUN's sailfin project in
extension. As I know the sailfin project takes
the Common Development and Distribution License.  Will it be a problem if we
do this? I mean Tuscany is licensed under the *Apache License*, Version 2.0.
Is there any conflict between these two licenses?

Thanks.

2008-08-22
 ------------------------------

Naizheng

Re: License issue of CDDL

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:41 PM, Naizheng Bian <nb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We try to extend SIP in Tuscany. We plan to use SUN's sailfin project in
> extension. As I know the sailfin project takes
> the Common Development and Distribution License.  Will it be a problem if we
> do this? I mean Tuscany is licensed under the *Apache License*, Version
> 2.0. Is there any conflict between these two licenses?
>

> Thanks.
>

> 2008-08-22
>
> Naizheng

It should be fine. Tuscany code can have binary dependencies on CDDL
licensed code, it already has this in some other places. See the Apache 3rd
party licensing page: http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

   ...ant