Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mike Rawlins <mc...@mcrawlins.net> on 2010/04/10 00:20:14 UTC

POJO Example with http transport

All,

After having worked my way through this I thought I might post the results
and ask if there's anything I left out, or if there are easier or better
ways to do this.

We need our application, using a camel client, to connect to a remote
ActiveMQ/FUSE message broker using https transport.  Before trying this with
the application it seemed to make sense to get it working with a simple
case, so I started with just HTTP and the POJO Messaging example.

A few basics first:

AMQ/FUSE - 5.3
Camel - 2.2.0 in my working environment, 1.6.1 deployed with the application
OS - Development environment is Windows XP
Java 1.5.0-15

Modified AMQ to add http and https transports:
Edited activemq.xml and added to /beans/broker/transportConnectors:

	<transportConnector name="http" uri="http://0.0.0.0:61620"/>
	<transportConnector name="https"
uri="https://0.0.0.0:61621?needClientAuth=false"/>

NOTE: I don't know if the needClientAuth=false option is really needed, but
that's what I had when I finally got the HTTPS working.

Edited common example build files:

common-build.xml:  Added optional activemq jars:

	<path id="http-optionals.classpath">
		<fileset dir="${activemq.home}/lib">
			<include name="**/optional/activemq-optional-*.jar"/>
			<include name="**/optional/commons-codec-*.jar"/>
			<include name="**/optional/commons-httpclient-*.jar"/>
			<include name="**/optional/xstream-*.jar"/>
			<include name="**/optional/xmlpull-*.jar"/>
		</fileset>
	</path>

Edited POJO example files as follows:

build.xml - modified to use the optional ActiveMQ jars:

Added to /project/path, after <path refid="activemq.classpath"/>

		<path refid="http-optionals.classpath"/>

camel-context.xml: Changed destination
Changed /beans/bean[1]/property/@value to http://0.0.0.0:61620