Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Dale Richardson <ti...@outlook.com> on 2019/11/13 07:46:34 UTC

Discuss: Time to update bundled SOLR support?

At the moment, Metron currently ships with Solr 6.6.2 support (I think that matches HDP Search 3).
Horton Works HDP Search 4 and 5 is based off Apache Solr 7.4
Cloudera search is based off Apache Solr 7.4 as well.
Lucidworks Solr is based on 7.x, soon to be 8.x (if not already) - they always seem to push the bleeding edge with SOLR in production.

Does anybody have any issues if I upgrade the bundled SOLR support to Solr 7.4?  I'm hoping most people that use Metron/Solr in production use a supported distribution, and thus we should try and keep up with the supported Solr versions as much as possible.

Regards,
Dale.

Re: Discuss: Time to update bundled SOLR support?

Posted by Ryan Merriman <me...@gmail.com>.
Here's the Jira in case anyone wants to see the changes involved:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-2225.

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com>.