Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/05 22:21:57 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Moving the JAXB specification apis to Geronimo Specs

I've copied the jaxb 2.0 and 2.1 api to:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk/geronimo-jaxb_2.0_spec/
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk/geronimo-jaxb_2.1_spec/
Everything looks ok (legal stuff, osgi manifest, etc...).
Would it be possible to use them to run a tck test and see if they are
ready to be released ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 05 November 2008 9:43:28 pm Donald Woods wrote:
> These are clean room implementations, right?

Right.   There were some bugs in a couple of the earlier versions where
Guillaume didn't read the spec carefully enough.   As a couple of people have
used it, we've kind of ironed them out, but a full TCK run would be great and
would be a huge confidence builder.   At the very least, run the API tests.

> Also, does this provide the API and IMPL for JAXB?

Just the API jar.     You would still need the jaxb-impl from sun.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Moving the JAXB specification apis to Geronimo Specs

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.