Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Marcos Vilela <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/06 03:32:38 UTC

Doubt in use ANT or not.

Hello experts,

          I'm doing a program that export webservices. In execution time I
have to move some created files to a directory that has been choosen by the
user, and clean the directory where all the files that have been moved were.
Is ANT the correct tool to do this ? Is it correct to exec ant at runtime of
a java program?

many thanks
Marcos Vilela

Re: Doubt in use ANT or not.

Posted by Borut Hadžialić <bo...@gmail.com>.
You don't need Ant for that.

With java.io.File and other classes from the java.io. package you can
make a much simpler solution.

On 4/6/07, Marcos Vilela <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello experts,
>
>           I'm doing a program that export webservices. In execution time I
> have to move some created files to a directory that has been choosen by the
> user, and clean the directory where all the files that have been moved were.
> Is ANT the correct tool to do this ? Is it correct to exec ant at runtime of
> a java program?
>
> many thanks
> Marcos Vilela

Why?
Because YES!

RE: Doubt in use ANT or not.

Posted by RADEMAKERS Tanguy <Ta...@swift.com>.
Hello Marcos,

No, embedding ant in your program is overkill for something this simple.

My 0.02$
/t