Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ying Lee <yi...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/20 00:50:16 UTC

Two Editable tables on the same page not working

Hi,

I am having an issue with two Editable tables on the same page. I am using
Tapestry 4.0 latest version.

Here is the setup:
- one page, two editable tables. By "Editable", I mean there are table cells
using "TextField" to get user input. The way I do that is to use
"..ColumnValue@Block" to render a textfield.
- The tables both uses a "tableModel" I wrote which implements
"IBasicTableModel", meaning that I am using the "source/columns" combination
to setup my table, instead of just the "tableModel" attribute for the
"contrib:Table" component.
- Both table are wrapped by their own "Form", and both tables have their own
submit buttons to submit the user input in their text fields. Both submit
buttons use their unique names.
- Listeners are handling the submit. And it will get the data from my
tableModel and perform actions accordingly (update database). The action
will redirect its own page to get the latest data.
- The tables are arranged vertically, one at the top and the second one at
the bottom.

The issue:
For some reason, only the top table will be able to submit changes to the
page's listener. The bottom one doesn't work.. There are situations that the
top table is empty, and the bottom one is not, and by modifying fields in
the bottom table and submit the changes, it will add new entry in the top
table, and after that the bottom table will not work anymore.. actually, the
strange thing is that the bottom table WILL work only if you are modiying a
different row. In short, each row in the bottom table can only be modified
once. Not the case for the top table however.

Any idea?? If yes, how to fix it?

Thx a lot!!

Ron