Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Masoud <ma...@agape.hanyang.ac.kr> on 2011/11/01 06:35:35 UTC

under cygwin JUST tasktracker run by cyg_server user, Permission denied .....

Hi
I have problem in running hadoop under cygwin 1.7
only tasktracker ran by cyg_server user and so make some problems,
so any idea please???

BS.
Masoud.

Re: under cygwin JUST tasktracker run by cyg_server user, Permission denied .....

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 <ma...@huawei.com>.
in 205, code is different than trace Which version are you using?

I just verified the code in older versions,
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-common-commits/201109.mbox/%3C20110902221116.D0B192388A68@eris.apache.org%3E
below is the code snippet.
+    boolean rv = true;
+
+    // read perms
+    rv = f.setReadable(group.implies(FsAction.READ), false);
+    checkReturnValue(rv, f, permission);

if rv is false then it throws the below error.
Can you please create a simple program with the below path and try call setReadable with the user where task tracker starts. Then we can get to know what error it is giving.

 look at the javadoc http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/io/File.html#setReadable(boolean,%20boolean)

setReadable
public boolean setReadable(boolean readable,
                           boolean ownerOnly)Sets the owner's or everybody's read permission for this abstract pathname.

Parameters:
readable - If true, sets the access permission to allow read operations; if false to disallow read operations
ownerOnly - If true, the read permission applies only to the owner's read permission; otherwise, it applies to everybody. If the underlying file system can not distinguish the owner's read permission from that of others, then the permission will apply to everybody, regardless of this value.
Returns:
true if and only if the operation succeeded. The operation will fail if the user does not have permission to change the access permissions of this abstract pathname. If readable is false and the underlying file system does not implement a read permission, then the operation will fail.

I am not sure how to provide the athentications in Cygwin. Please make sure you should have rights to change the permissions with the user. If i get some more info, i will update you.

i sent it to mapreduce user and cced to common

Regards,
Uma

Posted by Masoud <ma...@agape.hanyang.ac.kr>.
Dear Uma,

Posted by Masoud <ma...@agape.hanyang.ac.kr>.
Hi,

Posted by Masoud <ma...@agape.hanyang.ac.kr>.
Hi,
what do you mean of cygwin is my path?
I add c:/cygwin/bin and c:/cygwin/usr/sbin to windows path...
you had this problem too? let me know how you fixed it

Thanks,
B.R

Posted by Shevek <sh...@karmasphere.com>.

Posted by Masoud <ma...@agape.hanyang.ac.kr>.