Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pbbhoge <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/30 14:59:01 UTC

Search on Date Field

In my SOLR there is date field(published_date) and values are in this format
"2012-09-26T10:08:09.123Z"

How I can search by simple input like "2012-09-10" instead of full ISO date
format.

Is it possible in SOLR?

Re: Search on Date Field

Posted by Pbbhoge <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jack ..

it works for me .

Regards
Pradip

Re: Search on Date Field

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
A range query: published_date:["2012-09-26T00:00:00Z" TO
"2012-09-27T00:00:00Z"}

WIth LucidWorks Search, you can simply say: published_date:2012-09-26 and it
will internally generate that full range query.

See:
http://docs.lucidworks.com/display/lweug/Date+Queries

-- Jack Krupansky