Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Qian, Ling" <la...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/29 16:06:18 UTC

Which is better ICE or thrift

Dear All,

  If I'd like to develop HBase application in other languages (not Java), which package is better choice, ICE or Thrift? ICE seems more mature, but ICE does not have any interface design with HBase, while thrift is light-weighted but not as mature.

  Thanks!

2008-10-29

Qian, Ling

Re: Re: Which is better ICE or thrift

Posted by "Qian, Ling" <la...@gmail.com>.
J-D,

  Thanks for explanation. By mature, I mean ICE supports more languages and sounds like have been used to more application.

2008-10-29

Qian, Ling

 I don't think that Thrift is really that immature, I haven't seen many bugs
in it. But also reimplementing another interface would be some hard work and
would have to be supported. So Thrift should be your better option.
J-D

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.