Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2019/10/01 00:00:26 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.6 candidate 2

I pushed patches for 3.5 and trunk and the tests passed on my mac. However
3.4 is using netty 3.10.6.Final and as such it's not a simple upgrade.
(there are no fixes against 3.10 for this CVE, at least not so far) Not
sure what we want to do about this... someone would need to backport the
netty 4.1 changes into 3.4 afaict.

Patrick

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
This VOTE thread is cancelled.
I have sent a new RC3

Best regards
Enrico

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Here it is:

Andor

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brian Nixon <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Pat,

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Backporting Netty 4 would be a huge, cumbersome task, I hope we don’t have to do it.

However I had a quick look at the details of this CVE and it seems to me that it only affects the HTTP codec: