Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Artie Copeland <ye...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/07 01:10:05 UTC

backport of pre cache load

would it be possible to backport the 0.7 feature, the ability to safe and
preload row caches after a restart.  i think that is a very nice and
important feature that would help users with very large caches, that take a
long time to get the proper hot set.  for example we can get pretty good
cache row cache hits if we run the servers for a month or more as the data
tends to settle down.

--
http://yeslinux.org
http://yestech.org

Re: backport of pre cache load

Posted by Artie Copeland <ye...@gmail.com>.
No we aren't caching 100%, we cache over 20 - 30 million which only starts
to get a high hit rate overtime so to have a useful cache can take over a
week of running.  We would love to store the complete CF in memory but know
know of a server that can hold that much data in memory while still being
commodity.  Our data set is currently over 100GB.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
are you caching 100% of the CF?