Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Mark Nutter <ja...@linklore.org> on 2002/04/18 02:03:29 UTC

Maven problem (was: Stratum problem compiling from CVS)

I think I'm having a Maven problem.  I just did the following:

$ cvs release -d jakarta-turbine-2   # to make sure I'm working from
                                     # clean sources
$ cvs checkout jakarta-turbine-2
$ cd jakarta-turbine-2
$ ant -f build-maven.xml maven:update-jars
$ ant -f build-maven.xml maven:jar

I've switched to the jikes compiler, and I'm still getting the same
error, though more descriptive:

javac.compile:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to /usr/src/jakarta-turbine-2/target/classes
    [javac]
    [javac] Found 1 semantic error compiling "/usr/src/jakarta-turbine-2/src/java/org/apache/turbine/Turbine.java":
    [javac]
    [javac]                                                  <--------------------
    [javac]    244.                 ComponentLoader loader = new ComponentLoader(
    [javac]    245.                         TurbineResources.getConfiguration());
    [javac]         ----------------------------------------------------------->
    [javac] *** Error: No match was found for constructor "ComponentLoader(org.apache.commons.configuration.Configuration)".

Total time: 5 seconds

When I run update-jars, I get stratum-1.0-b2-dev.jar, which contains a
ComponentLoader class whose constructor takes, as its argument an object of
class

   org.apache.stratum.configuration.Configuration
              ^
instead of

  org.apache.commons.configuration.Configuration
             ^
The stratum-1.0-b2-dev.jar file is apparently installed when I install
Maven from maven-install-b3.jar.  I couldn't find any commons-*.jar file
with a ComponentLoader class.

I'm guessing that update-jars isn't accounting for the move from
Stratum to Commons somehow, but I don't know Maven well enough to track
it down.  Can somebody help?

Mark Nutter
javadev@linklore.org
My horoscope says today is a bad day to be superstitious.