Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Tom White <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/19 22:55:11 UTC

[Article] Running Hadoop MapReduce on Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3

The title pretty much says it all, although I would say that it might
be of interest even if you're not using Amazon Web Services.

Tom

Re: [Article] Running Hadoop MapReduce on Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3

Posted by Derek Gottfrid <de...@codecubed.com>.
Great stuff. If anybody is going to be at OSCON next week beside Doug
Cuttings talk I would encourage you to check out the BoF

Using Amazon Webservices EC2/S3/SQS for computing on large data sets

Developers share their experience using EC2/S3/SQS. Come talk about
performance, size of data set, problems w/ EC2/S3, favorite
programming language/model (Hadoop - anyone?), tricks, tips, hacks,
cool apps, tools, api usage, etc.

http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2007/view/e_sess/14816

derek

Posted by Matt Kangas <ka...@gmail.com>.