Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Kay Kay <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/19 03:07:18 UTC

Zab documentation ?

I am trying to figure out more information about Zab and came across the
wiki here -

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/Zab .

Can you help add more information about the same / documentation
available as appropriate .

Re: Zab documentation ?

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.
Hi,

On 20 February 2014 02:08, Abu-Aisheh <ze...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Could anyone of you provide me with a simple java code that uses the Zab
> protocol of Zookeeper? I have been searching about that but I did not
> succeed to find a code that shows how can I use Zab.

There are papers by Patrick (Hunt) and Flavio (P. Junquiera) out there for
the theory and I'd say ZK's source under:

src/java/main/org/apache/zookeeper/server/quorum/{Leader.java,
Learner.java, LearnerHandler.java}

would be a good start. I don't know of a standalone ZAB library or
implementation (though that would be fun).

In fact what I need is simple, I have a MapReduce code and I want all the
> mappers to update a variable (let's say X) whenever they succeed to find a
> better value (i.e. a bigger value). In this case, the leader has to
> broadcast the actual best value to all mappers. How can I do such a thing
> in
> Java?

I am guessing it has to be in process and using ZK to store this
variables/state isn't an option?

Cheers,
-rgs

Re: Zab documentation ?

Posted by nileader <ni...@gmail.com>.
Here is the zab documentation on stanford website.
http://www.stanford.edu/class/cs347/reading/zab.pdf

* ​​​​nileader* ni掌櫃的個人郵箱
*MSN*: nileader@gmail.com
*Weibo*:http://weibo.com/nileader
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged, private information of correct recipient and nileader. If you
received this email in error, please delete it immediately and do not copy
it or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person.
Thank you.
*本電郵(包括任何附件)可能含有機密資料並受法律保護,屬於ni掌櫃和正確收件人之間的私有信息。如您不是正確的收件人,請您立即刪除本郵件。請不要將本電郵進行複製並用作任何其它用途,或透露本郵件之內容。謝謝。*

Re: Zab documentation ?

Re: Zab documentation ?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Ah, good idea, I put it up on the Zab page, thanks.

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/Zab

Patrick

Re: Zab documentation ?

Posted by Sudipto Das <su...@gmail.com>.