Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Andy Doerr <an...@swbell.net> on 2003/07/31 20:02:48 UTC

BeforeScript Directive.

Does the BeforeScript and AfterScript directives execute in the request namespace?

If not, Is the request namespace available when the scripts execute?

--

Andy Doerr

Re: BeforeScript Directive.

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"Andy Doerr" <an...@swbell.net> writes:

> Does the BeforeScript and AfterScript directives execute in the
> request namespace?

This is on about line 250 of mod_rivet.c

They are not executed in the namespace, but at a global level.  If
they were to do 'namespace eval request { .... } they could get access
to it without problems, as far as I can tell.

> If not, Is the request namespace available when the scripts execute?

Well, it hasn't been created, so you would need to make sure it
exists, but that shouldn't interfere with subsequent things being
eval'ed there.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/