Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Maxim Parkachov <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/16 00:47:28 UTC

Automatic deployment of new version of streaming stateful job

Hi,

I'm trying to bring my first stateful streaming Flink job to production and
have trouble understanding how to integrate it with CI/CD pipeline. I can
cancel the job with savepoint, but in order to start new version of
application I need to specify savepoint path manually ?

So, basically my question, what is best practice of automatically
restarting or deploying new version of stateful streaming application ?
Every tip is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Maxim.

Re: Automatic deployment of new version of streaming stateful job

Posted by Maxim Parkachov <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marc,

thanks a lot for the tool. Unfortunately, I could not direcly use it, but I
will take couple of ideas and will implement my own script.

Nevertherless, I'm really surprised that such functionality doesn't exist
out of the box.

Regards,
Maxim.

Posted by Marc Rooding <ma...@webresource.nl>.