Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/18 22:02:19 UTC

[DAS] Initial Context?

Hey Guys,

Got a design question for you.

Right now if a model has a namespace like:
http://example.com/users/accounts

We derive an initial context like:

DN: cn=accounts, cn=users, cn=example, ou=com

I already coded this quite elegantly, and tested
it, made sure it's rock solid...and now I'm wondering
if this is pointless?

I could just create a partition:

DN: ou=DAS

Then for each root DataObject, I just compute its hashCode
and store it under:

DN: cn="$hashCodeOfObject", ou=DAS

Do you think there is any benefit to storing it under a namespace
derived DN?  Chances of hashcodes colliding are pretty small right?

Thanks,
- Ole

	            Note that the RDN is also the name of the root