Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Stefan Lischke <li...@apache.org> on 2008/05/06 13:54:12 UTC

where to put the rampart-*.jars

Hi,

I have a problem with deployment. When using org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SimpleHTTPServer i put
the rampart jars in the classpath and everything works fine.

But when using axis2 in a real tomcat, i got the Error:
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: The rampart module is not valid or has not been
deployed. at

it seems that the jars are not found. They are present in

tomcat/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/lib/

Is this the right position or should i put them in a lib directory under modules?

thanx in advance

Stefan

Re: where to put the rampart-*.jars

Posted by Stefan Lischke <li...@apache.org>.
I digged a little bit deeper and found out that the rampart jars are missing under:

tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2/_axis2/

That might be the cause of bad deployment or the source of the problem i dunno

Maybe the link from the mar to the jars is not right

Im using Axis2 and rampart 1.4 RC2

/usr/share/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2/_axis2/axis265323soapmonitor-1.4.mar
/usr/share/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2/_axis2/axis265324scripting-1.4.mar
/usr/share/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2/_axis2/axis265325rampart-642231.mar
/usr/share/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2/_axis2/axis265326ping-1.4.mar
/usr/share/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2/_axis2/axis265327smtpfault.mar
/usr/share/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2/_axis2/axis265328addressing-1.4.mar
/usr/share/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2/_axis2/axis265329rahas-642231.mar
/usr/share/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2/_axis2/axis265330mex-1.4.mar
/usr/share/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2/_axis2/axis265331mex-1.4.jar
[other service specific jars]

Posted by Stefan Lischke <li...@apache.org>.
Hi Joana,

Thanx that moved me a little bit forward. Now deployment works without Exception, but when i want to
list all services i get the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis2/wsdl/codegen/extension/ModulePolicyExtension
2008-04-23 17:47:14,401 [http-8080-Processor24] ERROR org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer  -
The rampart-642231.mar module, which is not valid, caused

So rampart is not deployed properly.
Any Ideas?

thanx in advance

Stefan

The complete StackTrace

2008-04-23 17:47:14,384 [http-8080-Processor24] DEBUG org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils  -
Created temporary file :
/usr/share/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/axis2/_axis2/axis212063rampart-642231.mar
2008-04-23 17:47:14,385 [http-8080-Processor24] DEBUG org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils  -
XMLStreamReader is com.ctc.wstx.sr.ValidatingStreamReader
2008-04-23 17:47:14,389 [http-8080-Processor24] DEBUG org.apache.axis2.util.Loader  -
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis2/wsdl/codegen/extension/ModulePolicyExtension
2008-04-23 17:47:14,392 [http-8080-Processor24] DEBUG org.apache.axis2.util.Loader  -
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis2/wsdl/codegen/extension/ModulePolicyExtension
2008-04-23 17:47:14,401 [http-8080-Processor24] DEBUG org.apache.axis2.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle  -
org.apache.axis2.i18n.resource::handleGetObject(invalidmodule)
2008-04-23 17:47:14,401 [http-8080-Processor24] ERROR org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer  -
The rampart-642231.mar module, which is not valid, caused
org/apache/axis2/wsdl/codegen/extension/ModulePolicyExtension
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis2/wsdl/codegen/extension/ModulePolicyExtension
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1847)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:873)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1326)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1205)
        at org.apache.axis2.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:261)
        at org.apache.axis2.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:229)
        at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleBuilder.loadModuleClass(ModuleBuilder.java:68)
        at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleBuilder.populateModule(ModuleBuilder.java:102)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.readModuleArchive(ArchiveReader.java:518)
        at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ModuleDeployer.deploy(ModuleDeployer.java:71)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.DeploymentFileData.deploy(DeploymentFileData.java:136)
        at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.doDeploy(DeploymentEngine.java:597)
        at org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.init(RepositoryListener.java:237)
        at org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.init2(RepositoryListener.java:68)
        at org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.<init>(RepositoryListener.java:63)
        at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.loadRepository(DeploymentEngine.java:147)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurator.getAxisConfiguration(WarBasedAxisConfigurator.java:229)
        at
org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContext(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:68)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.initConfigContext(AxisServlet.java:511)

Posted by Stefan Lischke <li...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Exactly i'm using binary and building the .war with provided ant task.
I just added an XmlTask to my build process removing this exclude line in the build.xml

So its an Axis2 Bug we should raise?

Stefan

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,