Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by foobar <fk...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/16 17:31:16 UTC

Variables

Hi,

i am quite new to FOP, so i need a little help.

The XML file comes with a dynamically created tag, that holds the path to an
image:

<user>
    <id>001</id>
    <name>foo</name>
    <familyname>bar</familyname>
    <image>/somepath/foo_bar_001.jpg</image>
</user>

How can i use the image content in the XSLT ? That the result is:

<fo:external-graphic width="200px" height="40px"
content-width="scale-to-fit" content-height="scale-to-fit"
src="/somepath/foo_bar_001.jpg"/>

Do i need to load the <xs:value-of select="image"/> into a variable ?

Thank you,
Regards
Foobar

Re: Variables

Posted by foobar <fk...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, guys.

Regards

RE: Variables

Posted by "Amick, Eric" <Er...@mail.house.gov>.
You can simplify that considerably:

    <xsl:template match="image">
        <fo:block>
            <fo:external-graphic src="url('{.}')" />
        </fo:block>
    </xsl:template>

Eric Amick   Systems Engineer II
Legislative Computer Systems

Posted by Robert Meyer <rm...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi,

=====

========

Re: Variables

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
you need to study XSLT to learn how to translate to XSL-FO; FOP only
performs the XSLT processing as a convenience function for users; it's real
input is XSL-FO