Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by jose luis sanchez <jo...@m-centric.com> on 2009/07/14 11:00:51 UTC

Multiple submit button and client validations

Hi all.
I have a form with two grid components inside.

i fill every grid with data input from several textfields, using its own
submit button.

Name Surname <AddUserButton>
[ GRID ]

CarPlate CarName <AddCarButton>
[ GRID ]

Every field has required validation constraints, and this is the problem.

When i hit whichever 'addXX' button, i insert those fields inside the
grid, BUT the client validation for the other textfields do not allow me
to insert it.

Is there another solution than to split this page into 2 pages ?

RE: Multiple submit button and client validations

Posted by "Newham, Cameron" <ca...@bl.uk>.
I had a dropdown box that in turn changed another field but this
wouldn't work if the user left a text field blank. As I only needed the
validation to occur when they did the final submit for the page, I used
Javascript to perform the submit from the drop-down which gets around
the client-side validation.

Perhaps the solution to your problem lies in that direction?