Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by DANA CORDES <dc...@nhbb.com> on 2003/01/03 00:26:39 UTC

output escaping and UTF characters

I would like to be able to include multi-lingual data and HTML tags in my
rendering properties that get added to my transform object.
If I include the HTML tags (i.e. <b>title</b>) and use
'disable-output-escaping="yes"' in my value-of statement, and the text
content is in english everything works fine.  If I use my Japanese content
and 'disable-output-escaping="no"', it works corrently, but the HTML tags
are escaped to &lt; and &gt;.

Is there any way for me to include my multi lingual content and have it
become escaped properly, while leaving the less than and greater than
symbols alone?

Dana Cordes
dcordes@nhbb.com